The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is a major change to data privacy protection laws in the European Union (EU). It is designed to ensure data privacy and increase control of personal data for EU residents. It becomes effective May 25, 2018. Below it is explained how I collect data, why it is collected and who I share data with within the business.
1. What information is being collected?
1.1 – I collect a variety of information before, during and after you book with Maria Rusk Photography and use any of my services. This includes:
• Names, Addresses and Contact Information of the person(s) placing an order with me.
• Names, Addresses and Contact Information of the person(s) using my services.
• Names (and in some cases ages and gender) of all participants of a photo session.
• Details and notes taken throughout a photo session or service provided to help me remember conversations during and details of your session.
1.2 – If you email me or send me messages via social media, these messages are stored within my email system or social media accounts. These messages are stored for as long as practicable to allow me to provide you with better future services.
2. Who is collecting the data?
2.1 – This data is being collected by Maria Rusk Photography
3. How is it being collected?
3.1 – The majority of my data is collected directly from you. Whether you fill out a form for me online, or tell me face to face, via the telephone, via e-mail or message.
3.2 – In some cases, data may be given to me by a third party. This includes if somebody purchases a voucher for you – they will usually give me your name and details to allow me to process their order, and provide my service to you.
4. Why is it being collected?
4.1 – Most of the data I collect is solely for the purpose of providing you with a service you have ordered, or have had ordered for you.
4.2 – Some of the data I collect is to help provide you with a better customer service experience.
4.3 – I am required by law to collect and store certain information relating to any order you place with me.
5. How will it be used?
5.1 – Data I collect will be used by Mari Rusk Photography to enable me to provide my services and products to you.
5.2 – Contact data (email addresses) may be used to send you direct offers from Maria Rusk Photography about upcoming promotions or newsletters. These can be unsubscribed from at any time.
5.3 – Maria Rusk Photography may internally analyse data for business and forecast purposes.
5.4 – Maria Rusk Photography has a legitimate interest in using images taken in relation to your session and may use these images (upon client’s expressed consent) in the following ways
• On social media for promotion & advertising purposes
• On my website for promotion & advertising purposes
• For marketing materials (business stationary, flyers, business cards etc)
• For publications/print
6. Who will it be shared with?
6.1 – I take your privacy very seriously. I do not sell your data to third party organisations. There are a few scenarios where some of your data may be shared with third parties to allow me to provide my services to you. These include:
• Delivery and postage service providers to allow me to send you documentation and orders you have placed. (Information shared includes Name, Address and in some case email address / mobile number)
• Manufacturers (my printing labs) if I am sending an order directly to you from a lab. (Information shared includes Name, Address and in some cases email address / mobile number)
• Law Enforcement and Legal Requirements – I will provide data to law enforcement agencies if issued with a court order to do so.
7. How will this affect you?
7.1 – I collect, store and process your data in such a way that should have no negative effect on you as an individual.
8. How long is the data stored?
8.1 – Most data I collect is stored indefinitely. This is to allow me to provide a better service to you as a customer in the event that you contact me again in the future.
8.2 – I am legally obliged to store some data for a minimum amount of time, for example sale order records, payment records etc.
9. Access to stored data
9.1 – If you have any questions about data I hold about you, please feel free to contact me.
9.2 – You may request a copy of any data I store about you – and I will comply with any requests as per the guidance of the Data Protection Commissioner.
10. More information
10.1 – If you would like any clarification on how I collect, store or process your data – please contact me directly.
10.2 – If you would like further information on the legal guidelines I operate within, or have any concerns about how I use your data, please check the Data Protection Commission website at https://www.dataprotection.ie
11. Our Details
11.1 – This business is owned and operated by Maria Rusk trading as Maria Rusk Photography.
11.2 – My principal place of business is at: 5 Beresford Road, Donabate, Co. Dublin or location based or within clients’ homes. You can contact me by email to email@example.com